How to calculate total in basketball
Under the concept of “calculating the total in basketball” is understood a certain set of actions that allows you to predict what you can bet on in a future match. This sport was not chosen by chance – many points are always earned here and there are many different options for the outcome of future fights. High odds are given for each of them. This can be used, you just need to know which rules apply in this case.
There are several well-known approaches to calculating the total in basketball. Some of them were invented by famous betters such us https://ca.parimatch.com/en/casino/slots/game/gameart-cleopatra, experts in this field, while others are posted by amateurs on various forums. There are simply methods that everyone can use as they see fit, and there are full-fledged programs. But even if you find such software on the Internet, you are unlikely to figure out how to use it. Developers are usually smart enough to create a program, but not smart enough to explain how to use it.
Therefore, we have created this small material for you, with the help of which you can see what approaches are there, test each of them and choose the most working one. If you are an experienced bettor, you know that just because an approach works for you does not mean that it will work for your friend. Therefore, we cannot recommend any of the methods that will be described below. In our case, some approaches have yielded results.
Manual calculation according to the Shchukin system
The simplest and most well-known approach to calculating total in basketball is as follows:
- We take the results of each of the opponents in the last five games of the tournament in which the future meeting will take place. The results are taken into account only during regular time.
- Divide the sum of points by 5, that is, by the number of games. Round off the result – if the result is a non-integer part equal to 0.6 or higher, we take a larger number, if less, a smaller one. For example, if you get 73.4, take 73, and if 73.7, then 74.
- For each victory we add one more point, for each loss we remove 1.5 points. We add 3 more points to the home team.
This gives us the most likely estimated home and away team points. We will also know who will win. For example, it looks like this:
- Take as an example the final of the last World Cup between Argentina and Spain. Here are the last results of the first team in the same tournament (we take the last 5 matches): 80:66, 97:87, 95:69, 94:81, 69:61. And here are the results of Spain: 95:88, 90:78, 101: 62, 73:63, 73:65. Argentina has a total of 80 + 97 + 95 + 94 + 69 = 435, Spain 95 + 90 + 101 + 73 + 73 = 432.
- Divide the points by 5, we get 435/5 = 87 and 432/5 = 86. By the way, in the latter case it turned out to be 86.4, we rounded it down.
- For each victory we add 5 points to both teams, since they won all the fights. We get 92:91. There is no home team here, so no one gets the 4 extra points.
This data does not allow us to find out who is stronger. Argentina’s advantage is minimal and the game can turn out as you like. But we can bet on total. For example, you can take TM 92 + 91 = 183. Teams are unlikely to jump more than their average mark. To play it safe, it is better to take an additional 20 points, that is, TM 203. You can also take the total more, in this case we subtract 20 points from the average value, 163. As a result, the game ended with a score of 75:95, that is, the total was 170. Both TM and TB played.